We're excited to be here at Star 105.7. If we're new to you, thanks for giving us a chance to wake you up. If you're new to Star 105.7, welcome! We promise to deliver the show you've grown to love with fun and encouragement. We consider this a HUGE 'salt and light' opportunity.
For those of you that are just trying us out, feel free to drop an email to us or give us a call at 458-1057. Our show is designed for your whole family to enjoy--you'll never hear anything that you'll have to "explain" to your kids...its clean, wholesome fun...with the information you need...and the music you LOVE from Star 105.7!
One of the ways we do this, is by encouraging you to "Think Outside Yourself"...TOY. Have you ever considered paying for the person behind you in line at the drive-thru? We started this many years ago in West Michigan after a call from a woman named Lisa told us how one of our listeners made her day by doing it. We decided to set up special days throughout the year when all of West Michigan did this on the same day. What a HUGE impact! If you've never tried it, give it a shot! You can make someone's day! There are many more ways you can TOY to encourage others. Can you imagine how West Michigan could change if we all did that more?
If you questioned our move to Star 105.7, check this out.
Here's a pretty cool devotion that was written about our transition to STAR 105.7.
Above all, your voice is heard and you direct our show. Do you have a thought or comment? Would you like for us to host your event? Even a prayer request. Feel free to get in touch with us today. We are just experiencing life with you as a community bonded together with similar experiences creating many memorable moments.
Looking for our recipe page? CLICK HERE! and HERE!
•3 pounds chicken legs (drumsticks)
•1 tablespoon smoked paprika
•1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
•1 teaspoon ground thyme
•1 teaspoon kosher salt
•1 teaspoon ground pepper
•1 teaspoon brown sugar
•1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
•1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Tart Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for basting chicken
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium sweet onion, diced
2 ounces honey Bourbon whiskey
1 1/2 cups ketchup
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons ground mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 cups tart cherries, pitted
1. With a sharp knife, trim around the chicken legs, removing the tendons, additional fat and skin.
2. Combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt, pepper, brown sugar, cayenne pepper and chili powder in a large bowl. Massage into the chicken, liberally coating.
3. Place the chicken into an air-tight container and marinate in the refrigerator for one hour or up to overnight.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Bring the olive oil to a gentle simmer over medium heat in a sauce pan.
5. Add the garlic and onion, sauteing 3-5 minutes or until tender and fragrant.
6. Add the whiskey, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, water, ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the sauce back to a simmer and add the cherries. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until the sauce thickens.
7. Remove the sauce from the heat, let cool slightly and puree in a food processor until smooth. Reserve.
8. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 20 minutes prior to grilling and let it return to room temperature.
9. Preheat the grill to medium, 300-350 degrees.
10. Place the chicken on the grill and close the lid, grilling 15-20 minutes, turning chicken once after 10 minutes and basting intermittently with olive oil until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
11. Turn grill to high and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, liberally brushing on the cherry Bourbon BBQ sauce until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
12. Remove the chicken from the grill and brush again with sauce.
13. Place under a tin foil tent for 3-5 minutes, allowing the chicken to reabsorb its juices.
14. Serve the chicken hot. Enjoy.