We're excited to be here at Star 105.7. If we're new to you, thanks for giving us a chance to wake you up. If you're new to Star 105.7, welcome! We promise to deliver the show you've grown to love with fun and encouragement. We consider this a HUGE 'salt and light' opportunity.
For those of you that are just trying us out, feel free to drop an email to us or give us a call at 458-1057. Our show is designed for your whole family to enjoy--you'll never hear anything that you'll have to "explain" to your kids...its clean, wholesome fun...with the information you need...and the music you LOVE from Star 105.7!
One of the ways we do this, is by encouraging you to "Think Outside Yourself"...TOY. Have you ever considered paying for the person behind you in line at the drive-thru? We started this many years ago in West Michigan after a call from a woman named Lisa told us how one of our listeners made her day by doing it. We decided to set up special days throughout the year when all of West Michigan did this on the same day. What a HUGE impact! If you've never tried it, give it a shot! You can make someone's day! There are many more ways you can TOY to encourage others. Can you imagine how West Michigan could change if we all did that more?
If you questioned our move to Star 105.7, check this out.
Here's a pretty cool devotion that was written about our transition to STAR 105.7.
Above all, your voice is heard and you direct our show. Do you have a thought or comment? Would you like for us to host your event? Even a prayer request. Feel free to get in touch with us today. We are just experiencing life with you as a community bonded together with similar experiences creating many memorable moments.
Looking for our recipe page? CLICK HERE! and HERE!
FROSTED CAULIFLOWER with PEAS
I'm not sure when we tried this for the first time, because I'm SURE I would've turned my nose up at it, but I actually CRAVE it now! It is SO EASY and it is done in the microwave, since your oven is being used for so many other things. Seriously, try this. You'll LOVE it!
1 medium head whole cauliflower
1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
1/2 cup reduced-fat salad dressing or mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
2/3 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Remove leaves and wood base from cauliflower, leaving cauliflower whole.
2. Wash until running cold water. Shake off some of the water. Leave some droplets remaining.
3. Place cauliflower on 8 to 10 inch round microwave-safe plate. Cover with vented plastic wrap.
4. Microwave on Full Power 6-7 minutes per pound. (A guideline to remember is that 1 small head of cauliflower weights about 1 pound.) Set aside and leave covered while you cook peas and heat the salad dressing mixture.
5. Cook peas according to microwave directions on package. Set aside while finishing the cauliflower.
6. In 2-cup microwave-safe measurer, mix salad dressing, salt and mustard. Microwave on Full Power 30 seconds to blend flavors.
7. Remove plastic wrap from cauliflower. Spread salad dressing mixture over cauliflower. Sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese. Microwave on Full Power 45-75 seconds on Full Power to melt cheese.
8. Sprinkle cheese, covered cauliflower with paprika.
9. Surround the cauliflower with peas